COVID-19 Business Support Grant – July 2021
The South Australian Government has announced a July 2021 COVID-19 Business Support Grant Program to support thousands of South Australian small and medium-sized businesses that suffer a significant loss of income or have been forced to close as a result of the restrictions imposed from 20 July 2021.
Grants of $3,000 for employing businesses and $1,000 for non-employing businesses are available for eligible businesses whose turnover has declined by 30% or more as a result of the COVID-19 health restrictions in the week commencing 20 July 2021.
To be eligible for the $3,000 grant a business must meet all criteria listed below, at the start of the restriction period of 12:01am Tuesday 20 July 2021:
- Be located within South Australia.
- Have an annual turnover of $75,000 or more in 2020-21 or 2019-20, and be registered for GST.
- Have a valid and active ABN (Australian Business Number).
- Must employ people in South Australia.
- Have an Australia-wide payroll of less than $10 million in the 2019-20 financial year.
- Experienced at least a 30 per cent reduction in turnover in the week of Tuesday 20 July 2021 – Monday 26 July 2021 (inclusive) (compared to the prior week) due to restricted trading conditions.
Applications for the Business Support Grant must be submitted by 11:59pm, 30 September 2021.
To be eligible for the $1,000 grant, non-employing businesses will be subject to the eligibility criteria outlined above, excluding the requirement to employ people.
Where multiple non-employing businesses meeting the eligibility criteria are controlled by one individual, company, partnership, or trustee, funding will be restricted to one grant for all non-employing businesses controlled by the individual, company, partnership, or trustee.
Non-employing businesses are not eligible to apply if persons associated with the business, and who derive income from it, have applied for, or are receiving, the Commonwealth COVID-19 Disaster Payment.
Businesses will be required to declare that they have experienced a loss or reduction in turnover due to restricted trading conditions. They will not be required to provide any supporting information at the time of application but will be required to retain supporting information for 12 months that could be made available for audit and compliance purposes such as:
- Turnover comparison data for the week prior to the assessment period
- Emails or texts to or from clients or suppliers detailing cancelled orders or appointments
- Receipts for refunds provided
- Invoices or delivery dockets
- Appointment/scheduling platform, demonstrating cancelled appointments or bookings
- Screenshots of cancelled events
If your business meets the eligibility guidelines for the above grant, please click on the below link to access the application portal and complete your application